Practical & not so complicated!
The urban style has its roots in the streetwear of urban cities, and the clothes that people wear every day but with style and trends. It’s a mix of casual and hip. And it’s a little influenced by the sporty style, comfy but stylish.
You feel comfortable with basic garments, but you like to add a unique piece of clothing to make your outfit stand out. You want your outfits to be practical and easy. Leather and denim are your go-to materials, they resist any kind of activity.
You like dark colors, red, black, khaki, gray, or white.
*This color palette is just a proposal, you can add other colors or prints.
Some basics you should look for
Basics are a must-have in your wardrobe. They’re like the roots of your wardrobe, you can’t build one without them.
- Denim pants
- Jogger pants
- Graphic tees
- Denim jacket
- Leather jacket
- Cropped Khaki pants
- Oversized blazer
- White shirt
- T-shirt dress
- Combat boots
- Beanie hat
*Always consider investing in great quality.
How to make it your own style?
- To make a kind of Rock urban style, you can wear a graphic t-shirt with a leather skirt and some white sneakers.
- If you want to look more Punk use some plaid pants, a white t-shirt, and a leather jacket. Add to it a chunky belt and you got it.
- Bucket hats are starting to be more common in this style, you can add it to any outfit to look more urban.
- Wear a jumpsuit with a striped t-shirt underneath.
- You can mix a t-shirt dress with a pair of combat boots and you have a casual but awesome look.
- Or add a chain necklace to give it a bit of a formal vibe.
Brands that we know you’ll love
Organic Basics: sustainable basics brand, their t-shirts are the softest, comfiest, we have ever tried. Try them yourself and fall in love with these t-shirts as much as we did. Go check it out!
Eileen Fisher: their basics have a style that’s simple yet formal and sophisticated, they also offer petite and plus sizes.
Birdsong: Their sweatshirts and t-shirts will add a great touch to your outfits.
Allbirds: Your next favorite shoe brand. Sustainable sneakers for your casual outfits or to work out. You’re going to love this.
Nudie jeans: you’ll find environmentally friendly jeans, the brand is part of the fair ware foundation to ensure ethical working conditions.
Armed Angels: With the large variety of garments they have you can create a lot of looks, but still being respectful of the environment and the humans.
Zero Waste Daniel: as the name says it focus on being zero waste. They even make patches with tiny little scrap materials. Their garments have a comfy casual look.
Outerknown: perfect for any kind of activity and made to last. Sustainable and ethical brand.
1. Alexa from Alexa and Katie
2. Maeve from Sex Education
Don’t feel like this is your style?
Explore the others!